AutoStarSuite.Net

Your Source for Meade AutoStar, AutoStarSuite, LPI, DSI and Telescope information
Welcome to AutoStarSuite.Net Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Photos Files Astronomy News

Meade LPI Imager

Last post 09-04-2010, 3:37 PM by thommo10. 5 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  05-24-2010, 1:37 PM

Meade LPI Imager

I am having problems with my LPI imager I cannot get it to work using windows 7 does anybody know the answer
  •  05-27-2010, 7:34 PM

Re: Meade LPI Imager

If you search through the forums there was some discussion how to get the LPI to work under Vista, this might also work for Windows 7. I've also seen some discussions over on Cloudy Nights about using VM to get the LPI to work under Windows 7. -John
  •  08-31-2010, 4:55 PM

I have read all of the answers to getting the LPI working in Vista and tryed altering the registry from Trustcam to Meade LPI but it still wont work with windows 7, 32 bit. I also read that the LPI does work in windows 7, 32 bit without changing anything, but I can quite honestly say it doesn't.
  •  08-31-2010, 10:51 PM

Have you tried running the virtual XP machine under 7? I have heard several reports that it works fine with Envisage & the DSI's. Can't say for sure about the LPI, it is a bit of a different beast.

Chuck
    Chuck Reese
    CDIP Certified: Nebula, Galaxy, Solar System, Stars & Clusters Imager
    CDIP Mentor: Nebulae & Solar System Categories
    For information on the Certified DSI Imager Program, see:
    http://autostarsuite.net/forums/1427/ShowForum.aspx
  •  09-02-2010, 1:16 PM

Note that the virtual XP machine on windows 7 64 bits did not work for me. It almost did but not completely. It worked with my DSI Pro II, I was able to capture live images but as soon as I started capturing image and accumlating them I got an error message saying that 5 transfer failed, switch to USB 2. This is a new computer with an I7 processor and 9 Gigs of RAM, and all of its USB ports are USB 2.0 ports. What worked for me is Paralells desktop upgrade to Windows 7. It transfers all of you programs and setting from a Windows XP machine to a Windows 7 and creates a Virtual PC of all your programs  to run the incompatible ones. This ran DSI PRO II in full capture mode (saving fits file for all subframes and combined image). It is not free like the virtual XP machine but it works a lot better than microsoft version. It is only $39, so it is well worth the money as far as I am concerned. I don't have an LPI so I can 't really say that it will work with the LPI. 
  •  09-04-2010, 3:37 PM

yes I tried to download virtual xp but found out from microsoft that you have to have windows enterprise or ultimate I have home premium
View as RSS news feed in XML

AutoStarSuite.Net