AutoStarSuite.Net

Your Source for Meade AutoStar, AutoStarSuite, LPI, DSI and Telescope information
Welcome to AutoStarSuite.Net Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Photos Files Astronomy News

Autostar 5.0 and Envisage 7.05 problems

Last post 05-15-2008, 12:14 AM by Airwolf. 8 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  05-12-2008, 12:20 PM

Autostar 5.0 and Envisage 7.05 problems

Autostar 5.0:Will not connect telescope on remote usb-2.0 32ft-cable while 48ft fails.

Envisage 7.05 connects both DSI/LPI cameras and the telescope on port 24 and works OK. With no remote cables telescope and DSI/LPI connected to 2.0 USB HUB which is connected with a single short cable to laptap and it works ok.

Network doesn't work at all under any cercumstances.

Looks like Meade blew it when updating these versions, you would think they would test these things out before releasing them to us? I would like to see all functions working.

Can anyone verify these bad programs?

I'm returning to the old Autostar 4.xx or whatever the last was and leave the new Envisage 7.05 and see if I can get my telescope connected for remote on port 24 as Envisage declares.

John W.

John Waskiewicz
  •  05-13-2008, 8:19 PM

Re: Autostar 5.0 and Envisage 7.05 problems

Hi, John

It works for others...so I doubt it is really a software issue. could be related to your OS somehow - what are you running? If windows, make sure you have all the updates & latest dot net framework.

Chuck

Chuck Reese
    CDIP Certified: Nebula, Galaxy, Solar System, Stars & Clusters Imager
    CDIP Mentor: Nebulae & Solar System Categories
    For information on the Certified DSI Imager Program, see:
    http://autostarsuite.net/forums/1427/ShowForum.aspx
  •  05-13-2008, 11:07 PM

I'm running my DSI and DSI Pro on a fairly old desktop under Windows XP. I downloaded and installed AutoStar Suite v5.0 and Envisage v7.05 while setting up my equipment last night. The only bump I ran into as also having to download and install .NET v2.0 and the latest service pack for .NET 2.0. By the time my equipment was setup and ready to go I had all of the updates running and my imaging session went off without a hitch. I kinda gave it a stress-test using my twin StarBlast system that runs an DSI and DSI Pro simultaneously, but it all worked well. The updates look like an overall cleanup of the software with a couple of neat additions tucked in here and there. Thanks to Meade for making these updates available for free.

Are the USB cables you're using powered repeater cables? I use one 16 foot repeater cable and a powered USB hub to run up to 4 DSI's (2 DSI's and 2 DSI Pro's) at the same time.

-John

•  05-14-2008, 1:45 PM

I'm missing the "remote envisage" tool, described in the manual, page 49 ff, and the other network stuff like the webserver (page 60 ff). The manual was written for Version 4.0 from 2006 but i have never seen this features.
  •  05-14-2008, 1:54 PM

Thanks Chuck/John

I will followup ASAP on windows XP net 2.0 updates.

John W.

John Waskiewicz
  •  05-14-2008, 7:32 PM

Hi, Airwolf

You access these functions from the Autostarsuite (not Envisage) application. This thread should help:

http://autostarsuite.net/forums/3250/ShowPost.aspx

Chuck

Chuck Reese
    CDIP Certified: Nebula, Galaxy, Solar System, Stars & Clusters Imager
    CDIP Mentor: Nebulae & Solar System Categories
    For information on the Certified DSI Imager Program, see:
    http://autostarsuite.net/forums/1427/ShowForum.aspx
  •  05-14-2008, 7:36 PM

High John

I have Windows net framework 2.0/package 1/windows XP

I use to beable to connect telescope to the network using networkport/address 127.0.0.1/5401. these no longer work.

Now I see the help screen in autostarsuit has changed.

the net scope server ask for:

net work port 5400 and web port 80

something has changed.

has anyone connected telescope via network using the new ports?

I like using the network because all windows are then open and I can switch to starmap and move telescope to center an object then return to envisage to take control from there for imaging.

John

John Waskiewicz
  •  05-14-2008, 9:09 PM

Hmmm, I've never tried using the network function. I use the Remote Handbox function from AutoStar Suite to control my telescope using a serial line connected to the AutoStar #497 handbox (I also bought a USB/Serial converter, but I haven't tried it yet.). After Remote Handbox is open I actually close AutoStar Suite and have the Remote Handbox window float over Envisage. If I position things right I can see both the Remote Handbox and Envisage at the same time.

-John

•  05-15-2008, 12:14 AM

The "new" port 5400 works fine. I had to configure my router and firewall cause I'm using a wireless connection and the netserver works fine.

In the manual Meade described a remote Web (!!!!) and a remote envisage tool, for controling the scope and dsi via internet explorer. Any ideas why these features are not working?

Airwolf

View as RSS news feed in XML

AutoStarSuite.Net