AutoStarSuite.Net

Your Source for Meade AutoStar, AutoStarSuite, LPI, DSI and Telescope information
Welcome to AutoStarSuite.Net Sign in | Join | Help
Home Blogs Forums Photos Files Astronomy News

optical path problems?

Last post 04-16-2012, 11:28 AM by fornax. 0 replies.
Sort Posts:
  •  04-16-2012, 11:28 AM

optical path problems?

Hi Everyone
    I am using a Meade LX200GPS 10” I bought new. I have had it several years now and have always used it with a CCD camera. First with a Meade DSI Pro, then DSI Pro II, and currently a SBIG ST 2000XM. I have used both the Meade 3.3 and 6.3 focal reducers with various spacers. Now for my problem.
    Depending on the field size I am using I get what I will call the vegnetting shadow. This shadow does not bother me as I can deal with it with my flat field. What does bother me is that it is not centered in my field. It is always off to the right side and slightly down. I have checked my collimation many times. I have slewed the scope south, north, Zenith, with no change looking for flexure. I have rotated the camera with no change. The only thing I have found that makes it change position is to rotate the Meade 1209 Microfocuser. I know of no adjustment that can be made on these focusers. So does anyone know of a problem with these focusers are what I can do about it?
    PS – I have tried my best to insure the focuser is straight on the back. It is held in place by 3 set screws and I keep thinking maybe it is being drawn up crooked by the set screws. I have thought of checking the gap with a set of feeler gauges but have not done so. I just believe my optical path is not centered on my chip.
    Thanks for any help
    Steve
View as RSS news feed in XML

AutoStarSuite.Net