This is the first image that I have completed using two cameras. I used the DSI-IIPro to capture 13 frames at 120s, and the DSI-IIC to capture 12 frames, again at 120s.
The imaging scope was a Moonfish ED80 APO at f/6.8, although I also left in place an Atik 0.5FR when using the DSI-IIPro - as it helps keep the CCD 'sealed' ! This meant that the two sets of images were slightly different in scale, but I was able to overcome that. The ED80 was riding piggy-back on my 8" LX90 Classic, being guided by my old faithful DSI-C. All guiding was done at 2s exposures, on a second PC, still running Envisage.
All images were saved as FITS, normal, un-combined - with no auto-dark subtraction. All image calibration (Darks, Flats and FlatDarks) was carried out in AIP4WIN (Flats and FlatDarks were with a lightbox on the ED80, exposing at 2s). Calibration runs were 20 images for each data type, and for each camera.
For the DSI-IIC, I collated the individual R, G, B and Lu frames into separate sub-directories, and then processed each group as a 'mono' image. The original Lu data from the -IIC was processed to evaluate the colour image in general, but was not used in the final processing.
In AIP4WIN, I median combined the Darks and FlatDarks and Average combined the FlatDark-corrected Flats. I used the 'square pixels' function, and 2x Upsample when stacking the Lights, and applied a 3.3 Pre-scale and 1.0 Noise Filter before registering on two stars for a final Average stack of the calibrated and registered Lights.
I then aligned the R, G and B images to the Lu image, using AIP4WIN, which applied the appropriate Scale, Translation and Rotation to each colour frame - and yes, I should have been more careful about the rotation I let creep in when I swapped cameras !! (And, I should have removed the 0.5FR as well - life would have been simpler, and I would have ended up with a larger image, better framed).
I then applied a Gaussian Blur, at 1.2, to each of the colour frames, before using AIP4WIN to create a final LRGB image - which I then took over to PixelInsight LE (that last, free, version) for Histogram and Curves work.
I started out by cropping the usable image from the rotated mess, and then carefully Curved and Histogrammed, through several small iterations (HUGE lesson learned here !!) before using the SBGNR function to smooth out some of the background colour noise.
I felt that the image could still be sharper, so I split it into L.a.b frames, and threw away the L data. I brought the original Lum frame back and Histogrammed and Curved it, and then reassembled my colour image using the old a and b images, and the new L image. MUCH better!!
I then scaled it back down to 775 x 577 pixels - which is the 'natural' size of a 'square pixel' DSI-II image.
And that is what I have posted.
It's not spectacular, but it does represent the first image created from an 18-month learning curve, based on photons that always seem to be above a cloud layer here in NE Scotland !!
Thanks for looking.